1.Data center concept
A data center, also known as DataCenter, is a place to house a computer system and related components such as a network system or database system… Usually it includes backup power, UPS, very large amount of bandwidth. large, tightly controlled environments (eg air conditioners, fire extinguishers, etc.) and other security devices.
2. How to build a modern Data Center system?
To build a modern Data Center , it is necessary to fully meet the spatial requirements of the data center in the telecommunications network as well as the environmental requirements of the installed equipment. These criteria can be applied to IT equipment that is used to:
Provides a large, stable amount of bandwidth to meet the needs of any device
Apps can be made available to resellers so they can bring those apps to users
The scale of a Data Center system depends a lot on investment capital for both database and equipment. The first step is to build a suitable base environment for the installation of the equipment. Standardization of equipment can be effective in the design and construction of telecommunications data centers.
3. Data center levels (assessment criteria)
The Telecommunications Industry Association is a trade organization accredited by ANSI (American National Standards Institute). In 2005 TIA published ANSI/TIA-942, in this publication the association specified the layers in a data center, according to which a data center consists of 4 levels (4 levels) , the table below will show you these 4 levels more clearly:
+ Only includes a single network line, does not support IT equipment
+ No backup devices
+ The basic infrastructure is ready to meet 99.671%
+ Meets or excels inTier 1 requirements
+ The standby equipment and infrastructure are ready to meet 99.7%
+ Meets or excels the requirements of Tier 2
+ There are many network connections to serve IT equipment
+ Meet IT devices with dual power (2 sources) and fully compatible with the structure of each device.
+ Infrastructure to meet maintenance needs 99.928%
+ Meets or excels the requirements of Tier 3
+ All refrigeration equipment must have backup power
+ The infrastructure has the ability to prevent incidents from happening at 99.995%
4.Summing up the systems of the server place in the Datacenter:
- Raised floor system, fireproof partition.
- Anti-lightning system, water, flood, prevention and fire fighting
- Cooling system, backup power system (UPS, generator)
- The system of racks is placed in a row
- Automatic warning and management system
- There is also network infrastructure, server systems and software
- PBX system
- Specialized cooling system creates cooling cold air.
- Monitoring management system: intelligent management, monitoring and warning, operating parameters, status of air conditioning system, fire protection system, water leak detection system and UPS system
- Physical security management system: plays the role of monitoring and administering users, CCTV…
- Clean technology fire alarm and suppression systems with highly sensitive smoke detectors provide early warning.
- Door system from access control: helps to monitor and restrict users who do not have access to the server room
- Raised floor system: responsible for shielding conductors, insulating and safely grounding the entire server room.
- Lightning protection system for the server room, helping the server room always have the ability to defend itself against high surges caused by lightning
5. Benefits of building Data Center infrastructure:
- There is a centralized data system
- Responding to the explosion of data
- Strict security control
- Minimize damage caused by power outages…
- Always have high redundancy and responsiveness
- Can be easily developed and upgraded
- Get alerted when something goes wrong
- Balancing company growth and IT investment
- Minimize costs incurred.